• Question: do you have to do your own accounting

    Asked by hihihello on 15 Jan 2020.
    • Photo: Amy Mason

      Amy Mason answered on 15 Jan 2020:

      I am self-employed in teaching, as well as working in research for the university. This means I have to keep accounts of what I earn and send in forms on how much tax and national insurance I have paid. So yes!

    • Photo: Fiona Macfarlane

      Fiona Macfarlane answered on 15 Jan 2020:

      The university sorts my tax and national insurance (I think!)