Information and resources for teachers
I’m a Mathematician, Get me out of here is an exciting opportunity for students to deepen their understanding of maths and explore how it is applied in the world around them.
It’s an online STEM enrichment activity where students connect with people who have maths at the heart of their work.
In the activity, students:
- ASK their own questions to mathematicians about everything and anything.
- have conversations with mathematicians during a 40-minute, text-based live CHAT.
They will connect with mathematicians from a variety of backgrounds and industries, helping students see the wide range of careers that are available to them.
I’m a Mathematician aims to improve motivation to learn, enabling students to see how the maths taught in the classroom is relevant to them and how it is applied in the real-world. We hope to broaden aspirations, break down stereotypes and enthuse students about mathematics.
- Teacher FAQs – If you get stuck at any point, see if your question can be answered here.
- Staffroom – The staffroom is open during the four weeks of the event from 9am to 5pm. You can chat with the moderators and it’s a place to get help quickly.
- Guide to live chat transcripts (PDF) — Live chat transcripts can be useful tools for the students to reflect on the lesson, and to look in more detail at the questions and answers from the chat. This guide will show you how to download the transcript, and how to use the data in the file.
Call us if your question is urgent – 01225 326892 or get in touch via email – firstname.lastname@example.org